Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Feliz Navidad and Happy Hanukkah

December 20 - December 27, 2011

This holiday season for me was really about learning the new culture and also teaching a little bit of mine...a true exchange of cultures.  My grandma sent me a little Hanukkah care package so I could celebrate it with my family.  It was cool because they had never heard of it before.  We lit the candles and played dreidel one night and I also made them potato latkes.  For Christmas here they have Santa Claus and presents but it isn't as big because these also have Three Kings Day on the 6th of January.  For Christmas Eve we went to Jaca with Merche's family.  It was so fun and I still am full.  There was so much food!  Also I mad eggnog for everyone!  Now I finally know ALL of the family, and there is so much.  We did a invisible friend (secret santa) and I got a Sevillana dress!!!!  These are the traditional dresses of Flamenco.  I am so excited to now have a Flamenco dress of mine own, such a classic thing to come back form a year abroad in Spain with.  For Christmas day we went to Mamen's house, on Julio's side of the family.  Once again the food was amazing although I was a little sick so I couldn't eat all of it.  Also my host family gave me this really cool scarf and perfume (I think it is THE Christmas present, everyone I know got perfume or cologne).  I had such a wonderful Christmas, couldn't have asked for better.

No comments:

Post a Comment