Friday, September 9, 2011

First Day of School, but Not Really

September 8, 2011
Today I went to school, but only for an hour.  The school is a very nice building, much more pleasant to look at and be in than Harwood.  It goes up in height instead of long.  The classrooms and very clean and nice, no cement bricks or grey fabric covered bulletin boards.  I went in at 10:30 for the presentation.  I met some friends at la Consti (the square in town that everyone hangs out at) and we walked to school from there.  In the presentation they cover schedules, school rules and things like that.  There was another girl from Lithuania that also couldn't speak a lot of Spanish so I will not be alone in understanding nothing for the first month or so.  The teacher who was giving our class our presentation was my Lengua Castellano y Literatura teacher, or Spanish Literature.  This was very relieving for me because I think this will be my hardest class, seeing that I can't even do English literature and grammar and she talked very slow so that I could understand a lot more than usual.  Also a lot of the people I have already met are in my class so it wasn't all new faces.  I start real school on Monday and am very excited, at least for the meeting people part.  It released a lot of nervousness knowing how understanding and willing to help the teachers are.  I don't think this will be so hard after all, but maybe I am just cursing myself by saying that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment