Friday, September 2, 2011

A New Beginning

August 28, 2011
After 20 hours of traveling I have finally arrived in Spain! It is a weird but amazing feeling flying away from everything you know so well into a world that you don't know one thing about.  Merche y Julio (my host parents) picked me up at the airport and we headed to Toledo.  Toledo is a very historic city in a Spain, and a beautiful one at that.  Everywhere you look is another gorgeous building filled with stories and history.  It was fantastic.  We had lunch at a small place in the piazza.  At this point I realized how little Spanish I actually knew.  And on top of not knowing much, there was a new accent to get used.  Between the th sounds instead of the c sound and pronouncing a v as a b I was very lost.  Merche speaks a little English, or at least more than my Spanish so I could understand what was going on.  From Toledo we made our may to Granada.  I slept in the car to try and catch up on some sleep lost on the plane.  It was very hard to sleep on the plane because the seats were very squished together but the lady sitting next to me was very nice and she let me sleep on her lap.  Jaja.  On the way to Granada we got very lost so we ended up arriving there at around 10.  From what I saw of it it is a very beautiful city.  All of the sidewalks are made out of marble instead of cement so the look of it is very nice.  After a quick dinner I fell fast asleep.

P.S. I am very sorry for the bad English but already my English is quite bad.  Only thinking in Spanish even for a couple days doesn't do well for my English.  Also sorry for not posting earlier but I just got back from the beach so I am trying to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment