Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Hike and a Fair, all in the Same Day



October 22, 2011
Well today was quite a jam-packed day.  The first thing on the agenda was a hike with the Rotarians and other exchange students in Zaragoza.  It was absolutely gorgeous, and the peak of foliage.  It was nice to take a little break from Spanish but every time the four of us in the Zaragoza club getting together more and more things are said in Spanish.  We are going to try only speaking in Spanish after Thanksgiving.  The hike was eventually to a waterfall called La Cola de El Caballo (the tail of the horse).  Along the way there were so many other waterfalls and jaw dropping views.  We brought our bocadillos (sandwiches) with us so we could all picnic at the top.  It was absolutely gorgeous.



Afterwards I got dropped off in Biescas, one of the smaller towns in my valley.  There was una Feria del Otoño, the Fall Fair.  I met up with a bunch of my friends for the evening.  In one part of the fair was animals.  There were cows and horses and sheep and goats.  Another part was all food, products of the animals, mostly meat and cheese. We all ate dinner from all of the tasters in the booths.  They were all soooo good and fresh.  And when I got home I watched a movie on the tele with my host brother, in spanish.  What a great end to a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment