Sunday, October 16, 2011

Little Pueblos on the Hillside

October 15, 2011

Today my host family and I drove even farther into the Pyrennes to see all of the beautiful foliage.  It was gorgeous.  Very comforting as well being surrounded by something so familiar to me.  We went to about three different little towns, all so cute and from what I understood without out electricity, but I am not sure about that one.  All of the roads in the U.S.A would have barely passed for a one way street, but of course they were all two way, barely able to squeeze in between the car on the other side of the road and the cliff/rock/river on the other side of you.  Then we met up with another family for lunch.  The mother of that family and my host mom grew up together in Sabi.  They now live in the part of Spain that speaks basque.  The son who is the same age as me spoke it for me and it is insane. I am so glad I don't have to learn that language.  Every other letter is a k or a x.  Lunch was fabulous of course, I think it would be hard to find bad food here.  The format of a lot of the restaurants is cool, they give you 3 or 4 choices for the first course and the same for the second course and then they bring out platters with the amount of food for the amount of people that ordered that choice all on one dish.  Then we raced home becuase it was one of my friends birthday and we had a surprise for her and then went out to dinner, very fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment