Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Wild Card on the Dinner Table

October 14, 2011
I sat down at dinner and there was a plate of something i have never seen before.  When i asked what it was my host dad and brother said something I didn't understand, so I asked if it was animal.  They both burst out laughing and were like, No no it's a vegetable.  Ok I can do that so i picked up a piece and tried it.  There wasn't much flavor and kind of a weird texture.  It wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing.  They were like, Do you like it?  They seemed very intent on it so I was like, Yes, it's good. Then again they both started hysterically laughing. When they calmed down I asked them what was so funny.  "You just ate pig's blood."  Oh god.  It turns out it wasn't a vegetable at all but rather a blood tortilla of some sort, not sure how to translate it into English.  Then they told me to have another since I liked it so much.  At this point we were all laughing, and I made it clear that now I don't think I like it so much.  Haha.  Although I can't believe I actually ate pig's blood and it really grosses me out thinking of it, I'm kind of glad they lied to me or else I never would have tried it, and I guess it is something they eat a lot of in this part of Spain.  Just going along with the Spanish ways, but maybe only for one day with this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment